Vegan Cauliflower Queso
This delicious recipe for Vegan Cauliflower Queso pairs perfectly with Joy Cellars 2018 Chenin Blanc.
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup(s) Sliced onion
- 1/2 Jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Mustard, Ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1/8 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Nutritional yeast
- 1 Can (13.66 ounces) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon(s) White miso paste
- 2 Cup(s) Cauliflower florets
- 1/3 Cup(s) Raw unsalted cashews
- 1 Tablespoon(s) White vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 Cup(s) Prepared salsa
1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Stir in spices, salt and nutritional yeast. Cook 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and miso paste. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cauliflower and cashews. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in vinegar, RedHot sauce and salsa.
3. In a blender with center part of cover removed to allow steam to escape, puree cauliflower mixture in batches on high speed until completely smooth, scraping sides of container. If mixture is too thick to process, add water 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed.
4. Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in additional RedHot sauce, salsa or jalapeños to reach desired heat level. Cook and stir on low until heated through. Serve hot with tortilla chips or use to top vegan tacos and burrito bowls.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.