This delicious recipe for Vegan Cheesecake pairs perfectly with Figurative 2022 Black Muscat.
- 1 Package (10oz./40 cookies) Lorna Doone® Cookies, finely crushed (about 2 cups) - FOR CRUST
- 1/3 Cup(s) Plant-based butter, melted - FOR CRUST
- 3 Packages (8 ounces each) vegan cream cheese, at room temperature, such as Tofutti®
- 1 Cup(s) Plant-based butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup(s) Thai Kitchen Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 Cup(s) Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Fresh lemon juice
- 4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
1. Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 325°F. For the crust, mix cookie crumbs and plant-based butter in medium bowl until well blended. Press evenly into bottom and about 1 1/2-inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
2. For the Filling, beat all ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour into prepared crust.
3. Bake on center oven rack 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set (cake will rise but center will still seem wobbly). Remove from oven and cool slightly on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to set. Run small knife around sides of pan to loosen crust; remove sides of pan. Store any leftover cake in refrigerator.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.