Vegetable Spring Rolls
This delicious recipe for Vegetable Spring Rolls pairs perfectly with Panache Lane Flamboyant.
12 (1 spring roll)
- 7 Ounce(s) (1/2 of 14-ounce package) Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Stir Fry Rice Noodles
- 12 Round rice paper wrappers, (8 1/2-inch)
- 2 Large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 Large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3/4 Cup(s) Shredded carrots
- 2 Medium avocados, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chopped peanuts
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Remove from heat. Add rice noodles, stirring to separate noodles. Let stand 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Drain well. Place in large bowl with cold water. Separate noodles fully.
2. To assemble spring rolls, fill 9-inch pie plate with warm water. For each spring roll, dip 1 rice paper wrapper in water to wet completely. Place on work surface. Blot dry with paper towel. Place 1/3 cup drained rice noodles in bottom third of rice paper. Layer with 4 bell pepper strips, 8 cucumber strips, 1 tablespoon carrot, 2 avocado slices, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro and 1 teaspoon peanuts. Fold in sides, then gently roll tightly to enclose filling. Place spring roll on platter or tray. Cover with damp paper towels and plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers and filling ingredients to make 12 spring rolls.
3. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Serve with Sweet Red Chili Sauce or Carrot Dipping Sauce, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.