Spring Into Summer!
Yes, it may be hard to believe, but summer is just a quick step around the corner! Which makes these last precious weeks of May the ideal time to start planning ahead for summer festivities. From graduations to weddings, Memorial Day to Father’s Day – this time of year is jam-packed with friends, family and fun. WineShop At Home has got you covered spring to summer, no matter what occasion you’re celebrating.
Let’s walk through the calendar of happy occasions one by one…
Memorial Day is a day we set aside to remember our nation’s fallen heroes, active service members and their families. Raise your glass in celebration of those you love and those in your community who have given the ultimate sacrifice for this country. So let’s toast to our nation’s heroes and welcome the coming warmth of summer!
Ideas for Your Memorial Day Celebration:
1. Personalized wine with a photo of friends or relatives who have served or are currently serving, for remembrance or gift-giving.
2. A specially designed box or basket is the perfect gift to welcome a loved one home, or to bring along to a Memorial Day party.
3. A festive cocktail like a Red, White and Blue Sangria, goes great with barbeque or picnic fare. Combine 1 ½ cups of cranberry juice, 1 cup of Brandy, 1 bottle of Milano Cellars 2014 California Barbera, juice from 1 large orange, 2 cups of blueberries, 1 cup of raspberries, 1 cup of blackberries and 1 large apple, sliced very thinly. Let it chill in the fridge overnight and serve over ice.
Honor all the dads in your life and get a head start on Father’s Day gift-giving. For the dad who loves a personal touch, to the dad who prefers a gift that satisfies their adventurous palate, there’s a perfect present to suit every style and price point.
Our Top 3 Picks for Father’s Day:
1. Don’t know which kind of wine he prefers? The Premium Trio Gift Box has something special for every taste.
2. Looking for a gift dad can enjoy now, collect or cellar? The Artisan Collection Wine Club will send him two or four unique wines per month, giving him the opportunity to try different wine styles from appellations around the world. With a selection of six (yes…six!) Pre-Paid Wine Club gift options, choose the Membership that best fits his lifestyle.
3. Whether it’s a heartwarming Father’s Day message, or an old family photo of you and dad, create a Personalized Wine for his special day that he will treasure forever.
This summer, millions of college students will throw their caps in the air and mark the start of their professional lives. With dorm room doldrums behind them (and the weight of student loans possibly ahead of them) celebrate this special moment in their lives with an equally special gift.
A post-graduation steak dinner calls for a rich, boldly elegant red wine like the Deluge 2012 Napa Valley Cabernet Franc. Sourced from the Spring Mountain District of Napa Valley and matured in French oak barrels, this wine features an impressive nose of ripe blackberry, red cherry, tobacco and spices. With a cellaring potential of 8 years, this wine perfectly symbolizes the exciting possibilities ahead of them. Or take a more traditional route and toast your grad with a case of bubbly. Add a personal touch and create a Personalized Wine featuring their school colors and graduation year.
Wine is the libation of choice for celebrating any momentous occasion, and what could be a more momentous occasion in one’s life than a wedding? Stock the newlywed’s cellar with more unique wine styles, varietals and appellations from California and throughout the world. We search the world’s premier wine growing regions – from famed appellations of California, to the far reaches of the Old World – for the very best grapes on earth. Our Artisan Wines offer something for every taste, and are designed for sharing with food, friends and family.
Gift a Case of Personalized Wine with an engagement photo and wedding date for the happy couple. Perfect as individual gifts for the bridal party, our Talmage Cellars Personalized Wines are crafted from premium grapes grown in California’s finest vineyards. The wines are complex, fruit-filled and ready to enjoy. Customize our Talmage wine labels with your own special sentiment.
For more tips to celebrate the season, follow WineShop At Home on Pinterest and Tumblr.