They say what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. I’m here to tell you that they’re wrong! This summer, I attended my very first WineShop At Home National Convention. I took home some amazing memories, as well as tips and techniques to help me take my wine business to the next level. I had such a blast meeting everyone, learning new things and previewing new, yet-to-be-released wines (and when I say “previewing” you all know that I mean tasting!).
So, what made me decide to attend National Convention? This world is an incredibly small place, made even smaller with social media. You can Snapchat, Tweet, tag and message with people hundreds of miles away and never meet them. That’s what I love about National Convention – it gives us all the opportunity to get together, get to know each other, learn from one another, and, let’s not forget, party together!
This year Wine Consultants far and wide gathered for two action-packed days at the Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa & Casino in Nevada. Convention kicked off with a bang and the party didn’t stop until the wee hours of Saturday evening. As a new Wine Consultant and a first-timer to National Convention, I had so much fun with my new friends. Here were some of my favorite highlights:
- Learning about WineShop’s new corporate giving program, “Raise Your Glass: America’s Mighty Warriors.” I’m so proud to support America’s Mighty Warriors, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and to be part of a company that honors our troops, the fallen and their families.
- Hearing from President and CEO, Jane Creed about all the new things coming up in the year. There are some amazing things that I can’t wait to tell you all about!
- Meeting our very French winemaker, Alex Reble! He gave a wonderful presentation about his journey to becoming our winemaker and it was so interesting to hear where he came from. You can watch him in action, giving his notes on our wines HERE.
- We’re going mobile! I’m excited to now be able to take my business on-the-go with me, wherever I am, with our new WineShop At Home App. Check it out in the Apple AppStore or Google Play today!
- Learning from the best in our business. I took pages of notes and valuable insights home with me after attending training sessions led by Leaders, trainers and other Wine Consultants.
- Tasting some amazing new wines. A couple of them will be available in the August, 2016 Wine Club. If you’re not a Wine Club Member yet (hint, wink, nudge) now is the perfect time to join!
Cheering on my friends as they walked across the Gala Awards Night stage. Who knows – maybe next year you’ll see me up there!