Last Updated on January 27, 2023.
Persons Under the Age of 21
Our online services are not intended for persons under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any information to or on the online services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 21. If you are under 21, do not use or provide any information on the online services or on or through any of its features/register on the online services, make any purchases through the online services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the online services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact us either (i) by email at [email protected] or (ii) by telephone at 1-800-946-3746.
Why, What and How We Collection Information
Why we collect the information: We collect information about you including any personal information that you provide to us:
- To present our Website, the Apps, and their respective content to you.
- To conduct business with you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services.
- To answer questions and provide other customer services.
- To develop new, or modify existing, products and services.
- To manage your account/wine club subscription(s), including expirations and renewals.
- To manage our Rewards Program and keep account of points earned/used.
- To fulfill your wine club subscriptions and other orders.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our online services.
- To notify you about changes to any of our online services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To prevent fraud or cybersecurity attacks.
- To assist in our efforts to implement, maintain and modify our information system, network, and cybersecurity protections.
- To conduct internal analysis and create profiles of customers regarding their preferences and purchasing behavior, to plan strategy and growth and to collate reports and manage information to support our business operations.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
What type of general and personal information we collect:
- General information is information about you but does not specifically identify you, such as IP address, geolocation, or other online identifiers; and/or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our online services and usage details such as what pages you looked at.
- Identifiable personal information is what you provide to us when you check out of our store and by which you may be personally identified, such as name, birthdate, age, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, personal preferences, credit card information, including billing address, or any other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline;
How we collect the information:
- Personal information you provide by filling in forms on our online services. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our Wine Clubs, Rewards Program, purchasing products or contacting us for additional information, products, or services. We may also ask you for information if you enter a contest or participate in a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with any of our online services or products.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our online services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide credit card information before placing an order or registering for our wine club(s) through our online services.
- General information that does not personally identify you includes details of your visits to any of our online services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the online services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The information we collect automatically may include personal information. The purpose of automatic collection is to improve our online services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our online services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the particular online service.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated anonymous information about our users without restriction.
- To third-party service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the business purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “Contact Us” feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the appropriate persons within our Company in order to provide you with the requested information or to otherwise fulfill your request.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our policies, terms and conditions, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You have choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may contact us to opt out of any programs or use of your information as well as you may ask us to delete your personal information. You have control over your own information.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or mobile phone number used by WineShop At Home for our emails or texts to promote our products or services to you, you may opt out by using the unsubscribe link in each email or by texting “STOP” to a text we send, by calling us at 1-800-946-3746, or by sending us an email at [email protected].
Text Message Service Terms
Text Message Charges and Carriers
Message and data rates may apply. Please consult your service agreement with your wireless carrier or contact your wireless carrier to determine your phone’s pricing plan and the charges for sending and receiving text messages. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any message, data or other charges incurred (usage, subscription, etc.) as a result of using the Service. Most U.S. carriers are supported by the Service. The Service may not be available on all wireless carriers. WineShop At Home may add or remove any wireless carrier from the Service at any time without notice. WineShop At Home and mobile carriers are not responsible for any undue delays, failure of delivery or errors in messages.
To Stop Receiving Text Messages
To stop receiving text messages from WineShop At Home, text the word “STOP” anytime to any of the text messages you have received from WineShop At Home. You acknowledge that the text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP keyword command and agree that WineShop At Home and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from our text message program, you may continue to receive text messages from WineShop At Home through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs. These Terms will still apply if you withdraw the consent mentioned above or opt out of the Service.
If you are an Independent Wine Consultant who has opted into Extranet messages and/or Alerts, you can opt out anytime by going to the “Message Settings” and “Alert Settings” pages within your Extranet. You may also contact WineShop At Home by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-800-946-3746.
Questions About Text Messages
You may contact us at 1-800-946-3746 or [email protected]
Mobile Phone Number Change
In the event that you change or deactivate your mobile phone number, you agree to notify WineShop At Home by emailing [email protected] or by calling 1-800-946-3746.
Your California Privacy Rights and Accessing or Correcting Your Personal Information
California permits you to make requests to access categories and specific pieces of personal information about you as well as to request we delete your personal information. Please call us at: 1-800-946-3746 or send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Note that we can only delete your personal information by also deleting your user account. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and credit card information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our online services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
For any help, please contact us at the number or email address above.