Turkey Meatball and Scallion Yakitori
This delicious recipe for Turkey Meatball and Scallion Yakitori pairs perfectly with Terroir Cellars 2020 Grenache.
15 (2 meatball skewer)
- 1/4 Cup(s) mirin
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sake
- 1/4 Cup(s) Pineapple juice
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Red miso
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup(s) Panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Thinly sliced scallions (green onions), green part only
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground White Pepper
- 1 Pound(s) Ground turkey
- 1/4 Cup(s) Scallion (green onion) pieces, green and white parts (1-inch pieces)
- Six-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Toasted Sesame Seed
1. For the Glaze, mix all ingredients in large bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup in bowl. Pour remaining mixture and 1/2 cup water into small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes or until glaze is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
2. For the Meatball Yakitori, add breadcrumbs, sliced scallions and white pepper to reserved glaze in bowl; mix well. Add ground turkey; mix until blended. Form into 30 (1-inch) meatballs. Thread 2 scallion pieces with 1 meatball onto each bamboo skewer.
3. Spray grill lightly with no stick cooking spray. Grill skewers over medium-high heat 10 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through, brushing evenly with glaze and turning often for even browning. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.