Korean Pork Dumplings with Gochugaru Dipping Sauce
This delicious recipe for Korean Pork Dumplings with Gochugaru Dipping Sauce pairs perfectly with Joy Cellars 2022 Euphoria.
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Water
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Packed brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Toasted Sesame Seed
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Corn starch
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Korean Style Red Pepper (for dipping sauce)
- 2 Eggs, divided
- 1 Pound(s) Ground pork
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Korean Style Red Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 40 Wonton wrappers
1. For the Dipping Sauce, mix all ingredients in small saucepan. Stirring frequently, cook on medium heat until sauce comes to gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Set aside until ready to serve. Sauce can be served warm or at room temperature.
2. For the Dumplings, beat 1 egg in medium bowl. Add pork, green onions, garlic powder, ginger, gochugaru and sea salt; mix well. Beat remaining egg in small bowl.
3. To form dumplings, place about 1 level tablespoon meat mixture in center of each wrapper. Moisten edge of wrapper with egg. Fold in half to form a half moon shape, pressing edges together to seal.
4. Bring large saucepot of lightly salted water to gentle boil. Cook dumplings in batches, about 10 at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer dumplings with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with Gochugaru Dipping Sauce.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.