Sake, Miso & Ginger Pork Yakitori Skewers
This delicious recipe for Sake, Miso & Ginger Pork Yakitori Skewers pairs perfectly with Talmage Cellars “Congrats” Chardonnay.
- 1/4 Cup(s) Mirin
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sake
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Red miso
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Toasted sesame oil
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Packed light brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoon(s) Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Pound(s) Pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Medium Asian pear, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Six-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
1. For the marinade, mix mirin, sake, miso, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger and red pepper in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade for the glaze. Place pork in large resealable bag. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for the glaze, mix reserved marinade, brown sugar, cornstarch and water with whisk in small saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Remove pork from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Alternately thread pork and pear onto bamboo skewers.
4. Grill skewers over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until pork is to desired doneness, brushing evenly with glaze while cooking. Brush grilled skewers with any remaining glaze just before serving. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.