Shrimp ‘N Grits
This delicious recipe for Shrimp ‘N Grits pairs perfectly with Joy Cellars 2022 Merriment.
- 4 Slices bacon, chopped
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup(s) Flour
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Ground Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Red Pepper
- 2 Cup(s) Chicken stock
- 1 Pound(s) Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Milk
- 1 Cup(s) Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 Cup(s) Old fashioned white grits
1. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, bring milk, water and sea salt to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Gradually stir in grits. Reduce heat to low; simmer 12 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve shrimp and gravy over grits.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.