Stuffed French Toast
This delicious recipe for Stuffed French Toast pairs perfectly with the le Cadeau Semi-Seco Sparkling Wine.
- 8 Ounce(s) (1 tub) Whipped cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Brown sugar
- 3 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground, divided
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 16 Slices of Italian bread, (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/2 Cup(s) Apricot preserves
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Cup(s) Milk
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Butter, divided
1. Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in small bowl until well blended. Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture on each of 8 slices of bread. Spread 1 tablespoon of preserves on each of the remaining 8 slices of bread. Press one each of the bread slices together to form 8 sandwiches.
2. Beat eggs with wire whisk in 13×9-inch baking dish. Stir in milk, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in large nonstick skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. Place 4 of the sandwiches in skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, melting remaining tablespoon butter in skillet. Serve French toast with maple syrup, if desired.
*Recipe and Photo Courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.