The Turkey’s Gobble
This delicious recipe for The Turkey’s Gobble pairs perfectly with a red wine. Find the perfect wine here.
- 1 Bottle of red wine
- 1/4 Cup(s) Brandy
- Honey or your favorite sweetener, to taste
- 8 Whole cloves
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Star anise
- 2 Oranges, sliced into rounds
- Additional star anise & cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. In a pot over the lowest heat setting, warm the wine, brandy, honey, spices and 1 sliced orange.
2. Continue to warm the wine on the lowest heat setting for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3. Strain and serve warm with fresh orange rounds.
Optional: Garnish with additional star anise and cinnamon sticks.