Try this delicious Winter Sangria cocktail with a red wine. Find the perfect red wine here.
- 1 Chilled bottle of red wine
- 1/4 Cup(s) Triple Sec
- 1/4 Cup(s) Pomegranate liqueur (optional)
- 2 Sliced oranges
- 1 Cup(s) Pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 Cup(s) Water
- 1/2 Cup(s) Sugar
- Cinnamon sticks and star anise (optional)
1. In a saucepan, mix water, sugar and 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds to make a simple syrup. Bring to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Let it cool, then strain and discard the seeds. Put simple syrup, sliced oranges & the other 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds in a pitcher along with red wine, Triple Sec and pomegranate liquor (optional).
3. Chill and serve over ice with cinnamon sticks and star anise.